An Introduction to Our EuroTrip 2010
So for anyone who is unlucky enough to feel obligated to follow this blog (i.e. mom, dad, grandma and grandpa, other family members, etc.) I hope you enjoy some good ole' stream of consciousness writing because that is what I plan to do on my blog or as I now affectionately call my own "pundit's podium of ponderance" (that by the way is an alliteration!). Not so sure if that last word is a real word...but who cares its a blog and everyone knows you don't have to be a real journalist or English major to write a blog! So over the next 3 months, as the band of brothers (that's Austin and Me!) traverses the treacherous terrain of the Ole' Country, I will be using this blog to journal about our travels, experiences, thrills, chills, and anything else that comes to mind while traveling.
Now, we plan to do a great many things during our 3 month stay in Europe this summer, and it is our hope that by the end of this trip we will have a great many stories to tell as we plan on holding ourselves to doing at least 1 crazy, spontaneous, slightly insane thing per day! We also would like to end up writing a book about our travels whether it be a fiction adventure or non-fiction tale of two brothers wondering the European countryside together. Of course that is all in addition to documenting the trip with a book of pictures and these blog entries, etc.
So if any of you have any requests for something that you would like us to do, a place you would like us to go or see, any random act of craziness that you think would make a good story, or any other such wanton frivolity, then please allow us to be your "Avatars" as you live vicariously through us! I think that would be fun wouldn't it?! In fact, for those of you following along, I would request that you post at least one fun and ridiculous thing you would like us to do or one thing that you have always wanted to do that you would like us to do for you. And we can take pictures, video, etc. and make all your wildest dreams come true! (well maybe only the PG 13 ones, haha).
If I haven't lost you yet, then again I want to say I hope you enjoy our written and pictorial recounting of the "Tale of Two Hodges" in the months to come! As for me, its off to finals studying, then packing, and then Cannes, France, on May 8th. So for now its Bon Voyage until France!
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so sad to know that I won't see you in person for 3 months (the longest that I've ever been away from you in your 21 years of life), but I'm so excited about the incredible opportunity that you have! Have fun!! Do you really have to do "at least 1 crazy, spontaneous, slightly insane thing per day"?! Love, mom
ReplyDeleteI love you Austin and Hunter! This is a trip of a lifetime so have an awesome time and take advantage of all the opportunites that come your way. Be carefree and adventureous! Carpe diem!
ReplyDeleteDad